Saturday 7 January 2012

Panorama from 3 shots

It's funny, when the 10-20mm ultra wide lens isn't wide enough. Okay, my camera has the APS-C sensor, so let's just forget about the crop factor. But still, 10mm... usually enough for me. Oh, yes, let's forget about the fisheye lenses too...

I was shooting away happily with my Sigma 10-20mm, when I had a fantastic (?) idea. I will use the Canon EF 50mm f1.8 lens and stick few photos together to make a panoramic photo! I even said it loud - which was silly. Am I crazy to talk to myself?
Usual settings already in place, ISO, white balance, f-number, shutter speed. To be honest I did a bit of a sloppy job. No tripod, no precise planning. I just took 3 handheld shots from where I was standing anyway. I made sure though to have some overlapping in the shots.
Here they are:


Then this is the result:

Yes, the usual little face-lift by fiddling with contrast and stuff was given to the photo.

No comments: